We’re trying new things!
What do you get when you combine 1 head of cauliflower and 4 bags of Better Than Good Barbecue snacks? One healthy, Keto friendly, and child approved meal that can be made for any event! The Better Than Good Snacks team has been working hard in the test kitchen to find recipes for you and your family to enjoy and we have discovered the best one yet, cauliflower buffalo wings! This dish is a great way to get protein in an alternative way (no meat included) and add vegetables and fruits to your diet so you can receive the key nutrients. These protein puffs crusted cauliflower florets will make you stay fuller longer and keep you feeling guilt free with every bite.
Find the recipe for our new snack below and see our alternatives section for helpful tips!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 4 to 5 Bags of BBQ Better Than Good Snacks (BBQ)
- 1 Cup of Flour
- ½ Cup of Water
- ½ Cup of Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons of Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- ½ Cup of Your Favorite Hot Sauce
Instructions for Buffalo Cauliflower Wings:
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite sized pieces/florets. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix all the wet and dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Except the butter and buffalo sauce, this is combined separately.
- The batter should not be too thick or thin.
- Next, crush 4-5 bags of barbecue flavored Better Than Good Snacks Protein Puffs into a bowl. Depending on the size of the cauliflower head you may need more or less of the barbecue flavored protein puffs. You want a nice small granulated texture similar to breadcrumb consistency.
- Set up your breading process. Begin, by dipping each floret into the batter mixture and coat evenly. Tap off the excess on the side of the bowl.
- Then coat the florets in the crushed barbecue protein puffs.
- Lay florets in an even layer on the parchment lined baking sheet without overcrowding. The parchment paper is essential in preventing the batter from coming off throughout baking!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over half way through to get all sides crispy. When flipping the cauliflower if the batter is coming off, you will need to bake longer on that particular side.
- While the cauliflower is baking, start preparing the buffalo wing sauce. For the wing sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan on low heat and mix in buffalo sauce. Remove from the heat just as the butter starts to melt. Stir together and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done its first bake in the batter, remove them from the oven. Using a pair of tongs dip each floret into the wing sauce, evenly coating the cauliflower. Then place back onto the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for another 20-25 minutes, flipping the florets over half way through. Again, if you go to turn the pieces and the batter is coming off, bake for longer. Keep in mind, oven times and temperatures vary from oven to oven.
- Once complete, plate with your favorite vegetables such as carrots and celery along with your choice dipping sauce.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
- Substitute buffalo sauce for a teriyaki or ranch for a less spicy option
- To add an extra kick of spice to your cauliflower wings, try coating them in our Jalapeno Cheddar flavor!
- For a faster cooking time this recipe can be made in a air fryer
- We used almond milk for this recipe but you can use other non-dairy milks such as SOY or COCONUT